Metal Detector Reviews UK
- 1 Metal Detector Reviews UK
- 2 DR. ÖTEK Pinpoint Metal Detector
- 3 SUNPOW Metal Detector
- 4 INTEY Pinpoint Metal Detector
- 5 Sakobs Metal Detector
- 6 Viewee Lightweight Metal Detector
- 7 MARNUR Metal Detector
- 8 FAQS
- 9 How Deep Do Most Metal Detectors Go?
- 10 Do You Need a Permit to Use a Metal Detector?
- 11 Where Is the Best Place to Detect Metal?
- 12 Conclusion
The metal detector consists of the oscillator producing the alternating current which passes through a coil producing the alternating magnetic field , If the piece of electrically conductive metal is close to the coil , eddy currents will be induced in the metal and this produces the magnetic field of its own .Table could not be displayed.
DR. ÖTEK Pinpoint Metal Detector
DR.ÖTEK Pinpoint Metal Detector (VIEW PRODUCT HERE!) has everything you need to locate antique iron, gold rings, coins, silver items and much more. Lets you control of Sensitivity to zero in on the exact type of collectibles you are looking for. Metal detectors for adults help you find buried treasures!
- PINPOINT CONTROL lets you pinpoint to the exact location of findables as you drill down through layers to locate the really valuable stuff. Big 21cm (8 inch) Search Coil delivers impressive results. Lets you look in tightly defined areas. This keeps extraneous objects from confusing your search. Due to changes in detection environment, detection depth max to 18 cm(7 inch).
- BONUS SHOVEL is specially designed and built to quickly dig down through gravel, rocks, sand, clay and other substances. Sharp edge lets you cut through sod and heavy grasses to easily penetrate any environment
- Adjustable Length & Detection – The alloy shaft can be adjusted to fit the height of kids or adults, making this a good children’s metal detector to search for discs or metals
Dr. Otek’s is among the most affordable metal detectors and as our Top Pick is a peach. To cap it off, Dr. Otek provides excellent after-sales service.
- A very sensitive and tunable kit, it is also surprisingly accurate for the price.
- The pinpointing capability is outstanding.
- As an affordable hobbyist’s kit, overall it is quite excellent.
- As a tunable and sensitive product, it should not be used immediately right out of the box.
- A note of caution: neither a pouch nor headphones are included so buy these separately.
SUNPOW Metal Detector
Тhе Ѕunроw ОТ-МD02 (VIEW PRODUCT HERE!) іѕ аn еntrу-lеvеl mеtаl dеtесtоr. Аlthоugh ѕіmрlісіtу іѕ аt thе соrе оf іtѕ реrfоrmаnсе, іt hаѕ mаnuаl grоund bаlаnсе аnd а соlоr LСD dіѕрlау tо hеlр bеgіnnеrѕ gеt а hеаd ѕtаrt оn lеаrnіng hоw tо dеtесt. Іt’ѕ рrісеd wіthіn thе budgеt rаngе, ѕо іt’ѕ аn аffоrdаblе dеtесtоr іf уоu’rе buуіng fоr аn оldеr сhіld оr а frіеnd. Іf уоu’rе јuѕt gеttіng іntо dеtесtіng, оr іf уоu’rе unсеrtаіn уоur сhіld іѕ gоіng tо ѕtісk wіth іt, thе Ѕunроw mау bе thе есоnоmісаl сhоісе tо mаkе.
- DISC Mode & Unique Audio : OT-MD03 metal detector can detect metals including iron, aluminum, gold, bronze, silver and their articles in ALL METAL Mode. You can distinguish the metal type by unique audio and ignore junk metal by setting DISC range to improve the detection efficiency. 2 9V alkaline batteries are required.
- LCD Control Box : Turning off the light reduces your power consumption and makes the product last longer. The large LCD display can clearly shows the mode, sensitivity level, battery status, volume, and target depth. More accurate than pointer metal detector.
- Pinpoint Function & High Depth: After confirming the approximate range of the target in ALL METAL Mode, you can use P / P function to accurately locate the target. The volume level and display icon can determine depth of the target. The depth of detection up to 7.1 inches in PINPOINT FUNCTION mode.
- 10 Inch Waterproof Coil : 10inch coil has higher sensitivity. Waterproof stem and coils enables you to detect to under water, Perfect for outdoor, like beach, stream, yard. (Note: the control box is not waterproof).
Тhе Ѕunроw іѕn’t уоur gоld рrоѕресtіng mеtаl dеtесtоr, but іt іѕ а dесеnt trеаѕurе huntеr. Соіnѕ, јеwеlrу, аnd ѕоmе аrtіfасtѕ wіll bе thе mаіn fіndѕ оf thе dау. Іt’ѕ rеаѕоnаblу рrісеd fоr аn еntrу-lеvеl dеtесtоr, but thе mаnuаl grоund bаlаnсе іѕ dеfіnіtеlу іtѕ рrоmіnеnt fеаturе. Fоr grееn nеwbіеѕ ѕеаrсhіng fоr а сhеар рrісе wіthоut соmрrоmіѕіng оn rеаl dеtесtоr сараbіlіtіеѕ, thе Ѕunроw ОТ-МD02 wіll еnd thаt ѕеаrсh.
- Easy to use and assemble
- High accuracy detection
- Adjustable length for adults and kids
- Good depth, 7.1 inches
- Suitable for different terrains, 10-inch waterproof coil
- Non-waterproof control box
- Take a while for display setting reading and learning
INTEY Pinpoint Metal Detector
INTEY metal detector (VIEW PRODUCT HERE!) possesses unique pinpoint function which others don’t possess. Locating the target is only half the equation, while this metal detector with pinpoint function will help you isolate the buried target and zero in on it quickly which will not only speed your recoveries, but will also keep you from damaging your finds in the hole.
- Intey’s kit has a meter to indicate the sensitivity with which a metal has been detected and knobs on the control box. The knobs control the sensitivity, discriminator and volume. Also on the box are a pinpoint button, low battery LED, and headphone jack.
- The pinpoint button is quite helpful. The discriminator (‘DISC’) knob needs to be set to a particular position, as described in the instructions, to eliminate one or another type of undesired metals. The marketing material indicates that it detects at depths from 13 up to even 40 centimetres depending on the size and type of the metal.
- This kit is made of lightweight ABS material and has a waterproof coil. The shaft’s length is adjustable from 76 to 102 centimetres. The arm support’s design is especially good. This is a particularly ergonomic metal detector.
- Great value for money
- Quick assembly
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- Easy to use
- The search coil works in water
- The Disc dial does not show metal names
- No warranty
Sakobs Metal Detector
Sakobs Metal Detector (VIEW PRODUCT HERE!) weighs only 2.5 pounds, it is very lightweight. Its telescopic stem can be adjusted from 38 to 45 inches to fit for both kids and adults; The padded armrest adopting the ergonomic structure is very intuitive to control. And also there is a 3.5mm headphone jack on metal detector control box, wear a headphone and enjoy your metal detecting under noisy conditions.
- All metal mode can identify different types of metals including coins, relics, jewelry, gold, copper, silver, etc; DISC mode discriminates the specific metal being detected. There will be a beep to remind you that the metal is nearby. The closer coil approaches to the target metal, the signal on the meter is stronger.
- With the LCD display screen, it is obviously more intuitive and convenient that you can see the detection mode, sensitivity level, battery condition, and volume level. With the led light, you can detects in dark light areas or night time.
- The 8.6-inch big search coil can reach up to 6.3 inch depth underground, greatly conducive to detecting efficiency. The waterproof stem and coil allow you to explore in the water / in the river or on the beach. Definitely a practical and exciting metal detecting tool for outdoor activities.
- Easy and quick assembly
- High level of discrimination
- Adjustable frequency
- Good value for money
- Great for beginners and pros alike
- Control box not weatherproof
- Cannot manually adjust the ground balance
The Sakobs metal detector is certainly a really good choice for beginners but the big bonus is that it is equally good for professionals too, making it a really good buy.
Viewee Lightweight Metal Detector
Viewee lightweight metal detector with compact design not only consumes less energy but also offers a new and exclusive technology that makes it ideal for hunting coins, relics, caches, jewelry, and even gold nuggets in shallow water. (VIEW PRODUCT HERE!)
- With carry bag and adjustable stem extending from 27.5 inch to 35.4 inch, big convenience to carry out, Viewee metal detector provides families unique leisure as get busy-working parents and games-indulging kids out of the door to start treasure hunting journey, a win-win parent-child activity.
- Open the red button to power on until light turns red, meanwhile the status of maximum sensitivity turns on. Metal can be detected once coil approach it, and there’s beep sound to remind you. Rocks, minerals will disturb detection. Plumbing and metal appliances in room will affect the test results.
- With waterproof search coil at the end, you can search lost metal items at the bottom of a shallow pool or stream but the water depth should better not exceed the knob in case water get into to damage the detector.
- If there are any problems during the installation, please contact our customer service for installation and operation guidance. We will give you our best service-after-sale as offer 24-month services and will quickly reply to help you solve problems.
- Waterproof stem and coil
- The stem can be adjusted for various situations
- Equipped with buzzer and LED alarms to ensure your child never overlooks any treasure
- Extremely high performance with simplistic controls
- No forearm support
- Not very ergonomic
This model might be the only Viewee model to make the list. And, it might be listed last, but it should not be mistaken for an inferior model. If anything this could be one of the best models on the list. This detector includes features coupled with high performance that really make it stand in a class of its own.
MARNUR Metal Detector
This is not just a metal detector; it is a complete metal detecting kit for beginners. The MARNUR metal detector comes with a bunch of accessories. With this metal detector, you pretty much have everything you need to start detecting metals. (VIEW PRODUCT HERE!)
- The treasure metal detector features an adjustable stem (61-85cm) to fit for different users, compatible with both adults and youth; Sponge pad provides comfortable grip to reduce fatigue and tension on finger joints
- With this metal detector, you might be next lucky owner of unexpected metal treasure like ancient coins and artifacts buried as deep as 8 inches; Can also locate invisible cents, keys, or more in
- This metal detector would not miss treasures in shallow waters or interrupt wonderful metal detecting in face of light rains; Wider diameter (9.84 inches) of search coil increases chance and accuracy of detecting targets (Note: do not contact the control box with water)
- This metal detector scan over beaches, sands, farmland, or ruins at will thanks to 7 variable sensitivity levels; Set to discriminate metals or exclude unwanted targets; For any quality-related problems, feel free to contact us for a satisfactory solution
- Time to dig once the beep sounds. Multipurpose shovel functions well as shovel, hoe, knife, and saw to accelerate digging process, or use it for bottle opening or direction indicating; The handheld rake helps comb through small rocks and debris
- Great value for money
- Can work under shallow water
- Very easy to use
- More control in your hand
- Control panel is not waterproof
How Deep Do Most Metal Detectors Go?
Some metal detectors are trained to detect a fairly basic level of depth. This is determined according to its range. If it is a low range it can detect around 5 to 10 cm while a medium range can detect almost double by reaching between 10 and 15 cm. In the case of the high range they can be up to 25 to 35 cm deep
Chemicals in the soil can erode and rust the metals, which can decrease their detectability for the metal detector. Similarly, some metals are easier to detect deeper because of their high conductivity. Those that are not highly conductive, for example, steel, may not be detected very deep in the ground.
Do You Need a Permit to Use a Metal Detector?
It is important to go hunting with a metal detector responsibly. That is why ensuring you are following the rules of the county and state you are living in is important. There are two situations here.
If detecting on private land, get written permission from the owner beforehand. If detecting on public land like a park or beach, check what rules apply and follow those.
The requirement of getting a permit to use a metal detector in public spaces varies by state. In most states, you do require a permit, which is often issued by a park manager or office. The states where you do not need a permit for using metal detectors in parks include Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
Where Is the Best Place to Detect Metal?
You can find buried treasure almost anywhere. Whether you’re looking for ancient relics, coins, jewellery or gold nuggets, there’s plenty to be uncovered.
Choosing the right search site increases the chance of a big find though. Places with heavy footfall to replenish items, sites of historical activity, or those that haven’t been searched by other detectorists, are often the most fruitful.
There’s a problem though: the best search locations are nearly always private property (aside from some beaches.)
After all, trespassing with a metal detector is still trespassing. So you need to check the rules and ask if there’s any doubt. There can be serious consequences for getting caught – including fines and your metal detector being confiscated – so it’s not worth the risk.
Getting permission isn’t always easy, but you’ll be surprised at how often it’s possible – even when dealing with private landowners. The key is to choose the right hunting grounds, so when you get permission the chances of a big find are higher.
For a beginner, the metal detector can make all the difference. If it is not accurate and easy to use, you would probably not want to go metal detecting again. Keeping this in mind, metal detecting is a fun and leisure activity for beginners and pro alike.
At Treasure Hunting, it is all about learning and getting the best out of the metal detectors. You can learn a great deal about this unique hobby and, of course, the metal detectors before you get one for yourself.