The Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer – Our Guide
Makro are relatively new to the metal detecting scene, they’re paired with a business called Nokta and together they provide all kinds of metal detectors, pin pointers and accessories to go with these products. There’s no doubt that their range is extremely impressive and they aim to provide everything a detectorist would ever dream of.
Whilst not too much is known about these companies, they are definitely making radio waves in the metal detector market, or even more specifically, the pin pointer market.
That’s why, today, we are going to take a look at the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer.
What are the Main Features of the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer?
- Waterproof IP67 – Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer can be used both on land and in the water, and complies to the IP67 waterproof standards. The user won’t exactly be able to swim with the fishes but this pin pointer can reach depths of 3 metres (10ft).
- 360 Degree Detection Tip – Having a 360 degree detection tip included in a pin pointer is a great addition. This function will help the user identify where the bit of metal is in the hole they have dug.
- Coil Transmission – When the pin pointer is turned off the magnetic transmission is disconnected, meaning that whilst being used with a metal detector, the pin pointer won’t interfere or be detected by that metal detector.
- Audio and Vibrating Alerts – Vibration, audio or vibration and audio alert choices are available to hand to notify the user of nearby metals.
- 4 Sensitivity Levels – Adjusting the sensitivity will allow the user to detect the metallic object more accurately, as well as making up for any interference.
The Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer is a smart looking pin pointer, very professional and not without colour. It’s exterior is black with the occasional red or white writing and the red and green function buttons on its base.
The design is rather simple but very effective.
The total length of the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer is 24cm, it’s powered by a nine volt battery which will operate for 30 hours and in harsh temperature conditions, ranging from -20 Degrees Celsius up to 50 Degrees Celsius. Wow!
Accessories that come with the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer include: A carry case, a hard shell case with scraper and one without a scraper, a finds bag, a 9 volt battery and a belt holster. This is incredibly good value when most pin pointers wouldn’t include all of these fantastic extras.
We will start at the base. The base unscrews to reveal the battery compartment, slide the battery in and screw the base back on to get your pin pointer working.
The green button on the left of the base turns the pin pointer on but can also act as a sensitivity enhancer option. The red button is used to operate the vibration, audio and LED settings as well as decreasing the sensitivity. Also, holding the red button down for a few seconds will switch through vibration and audio modes.
Towards the end of the pin pointer but just before the 360 degree detection tip, the LED flashlight can be found, using the flashlight function is effective when metal detecting in the dark.
Additionally, when the battery is low, the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer will give out five beeps to alert the user.
All of these controls are easy to grasp and as a manual is included also you’ll pick it up in no time.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer?
- Accuracy – Using the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer is not only easy but also very accurate. Unlike other well known brands this pin pointer will not give out false detection tones even when on a low battery.
- Quality – Makro obviously value quality in their product designs and they have definitely delivered. Their Waterproof Pin Pointer is a sturdy bit of kit.
- Lightweight – Weighing an impressive 8.3 ounces, the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer weighs about the average of a new born baby, just don’t cradle it for too long.
- Long Lasting – Users have found the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer to be an effective, long lasting product, this is ideal for all future buyers.
- Recommended – As the above all show, numerous customers have recommended this product and have bought it again and again. That’s reliability for you.
- Warranty – Some sites offer a two year warranty, if anything should break, it’s a great safety net for your product but also your wallet/purse.
- Value – At just over £90, the price for this high quality pin pointer is reasonable especially with all the extras Makro have included.
- Waterproof – This is not exactly what you’d like to see on a Con list, but it has to be noted that some users have found that there aren’t any seals around the button or if there are they let water through, more investigation into the matter reveals that it doesn’t affect the batteries but it’s something to keep an eye out for.
- Manufacturer Faults – Some manufacturing faults have been made, whether that’s bent battery springs or something else, we have to warn users of a potentially faulty item, but considering the amount of great reviews, this shouldn’t be a problem now or in the future.
Summary and Conclusion
Makro, even though a relatively newer brand, have made their mark in the metal detection world. Their Waterproof Pin Pointer is an easy to use, quality made and user friendly machine. We know that Makro have hit some bumps in the manufacturing of this item but overall their pin pointer is an impressive item.
Pairing a good quality metal detector with the Makro Waterproof Pin Pointer is a recipe for the best kind of treasure hunt. One where you find all the treasure! Ahoy!